- Honey, 1 cup
- Vanilla bean, half, finely chopped
- Cinnamon stick, 1
- Freshly grated nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon
- Saffron threads, small pinch
- Lemon zest, 3 strips white pith removed
- Vodka, 3 cups
- Put the honey, 125 ml (1/2 cup) water, the vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, nutmeg and saffron in a saucepan and bring just to the boil.
- Quickly reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest and set aside to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Reheat until simmering, then remove from the heat, cool completely, strain, then stir in the vodka.
- Carefully pour into a sterilised airtight bottle and allow to steep for a week.
Serve chilled or slightly warmed.
Image credit: Jill Chen
Source: Eat Boutique
© 2021 Saffron and More. All Rights Reserved