Saffron Cauliflower Soup with Sumac Oil Recipe
18.11.19 / Parya Zaghand
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs frozen or fresh cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 20 saffron threads
- To make Sumac oil add 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp sumac, 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt and whisk until well combined.
- Sautée onion and garlic in olive oil on a soup pot, over medium heat, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer until cauliflower is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add saffron, stir and cover. Let the saffron steep for about 20 minutes.
- Blend soup in a blender until creamy.
- Serve hot or warm with a drizzle of sumac oil.
Serves 4 to 6
Image credit: May I have that recipe.com
Source: May I have that recipe
© 2021 Saffron and More. All Rights Reserved